Great News! Â As we look at the snow and make plans for improvement of last years garden, we have reason to be optimistic. Â Michigan Biochar again has access to Biochar and will make it available to all of our community!
Check out the Free Biochar for Life program today. Â Great product and you can’t beat Free!
The more I learn about the benefits of Biochar, the more excited I am about using it on my garden and telling others about its’ benefits.
We at Michigan Biochar have renewed our commitment to continue to add new content, videos and information about the awesome benefits of applying biochar to your garden and sharing the experiences that we have in using biochar in our own gardens.
Who we areâ€¦..
We have recognized that there is a strong movement towards home gardening.Â This movement isnâ€™t growing just because itâ€™s the â€ślatest trend and everybodyâ€™s doing it.â€ťÂ Instead, people know that things just aren’t the way they used to be:
- Food costs are going up and wage increases are not keeping up.Â High unemployment might be the new norm.Â We are now at a point where more and more people are gardening in order to keep food costs contained.
- Thanks to the internet, people are becoming more aware of the long-term effects of eating unhealthy foods.Â And even some â€śhealthyâ€ť foods are known to absorb unhealthy pesticides, herbicides and other â€śicides.â€ť
- For those of us that are gardeners, many are now waking up to the fact that all of the NPK fertilizers and pesticides are health hazards to us, our water supply and to the soil biology that God put in place so we wouldnâ€™t have to use chemicals.
With this movement comes the need for meaningful information gathered in a manner that everyone from the beginning to the advanced gardener can understand and appreciate.Â We encourage you to subscribe to Michigan Biochar so we can keep you ahead of new information we release from time to time.
Last of all, you may ask, â€śWhat is Biocharâ€ť and what does it have to do with gardening?Â To us, Biochar is not well known in the gardening community, kind of like a hidden gem.Â Biochar is the most overlooked soil amendment there is.Â Its capability to vastly improve plant growth is well documented by many sources, including Michigan Biochar.
What is Biochar?
Biochar is charcoal, a very special type of charcoal.Â It can serve many purposes but is best known as an all-natural soil amendment for gardening.Â But this isnâ€™t just your typical soil amendment.Â Biochar has been known to be the catalyst for drastically enhancing plant growth.
For example, here at Back to Basic Living farm, studies performed in 2011 revealed:
- Corn planted with Biochar grew 28% taller than corn planted without Biochar.
- Sunflowers planted with Biochar grew 32% taller than sunflowers grown without Biochar.Â These same sunflower plants also had a 156% larger flower diameter!
You can see the results on our video page as well as in the 9/5/2011 blog post â€śBiochar Test Results â€“ Sunflowers and Corn.
Join us as we explore the benefits of organic home gardening and how Biochar can turn a good garden into a great garden!